Over 35 years of connecting partnerships
Nexus started as Sales West Partners. The company was founded by Bob Weggnemann and Patrick Nunan in 1990 as a small family-owned Manufacturer’s Representative Agency based out of the Oakland Hills in Northern California. In 1992 Sales West Partners added two more business partners: Chris Matson and Melinda Webber. The small home-based business began to expand in the following years into a larger office in San Leandro and also added more personnel. In 2009 the company name was changed to Nexus and expansion into other regions, in the West, began.
Today we are proud to say that we have grown and expanded into the 11 Western states. We specialize in promoting and marketing foodservice disposables, janitorial products, food, and industrial chemicals along with a variety of equipment into the distribution community. We have found that in order to be successful we have to be actively engaged with not only our partner distributors but with the largest key operators in all of our regions. This strategy has helped us find new sales growth year after year for our client manufacturers. Our valued operator and distributor customers are the key channels to entry into any given marketplace.
As a result, Nexus provides our customers with a variety of sales tools and services that have proven over the past 30+ years to be critical in assisting both distributors and operators in properly choosing the right products for their needs. We are experts in technical product training, onsite product demonstrations, logistical order tracking, online digital marketing, cost control analysis, merchandising, menu innovation, product sourcing along with custom operational application consulting. We pride ourselves on responding quickly with answers and providing a high level of service to meet our customers’ needs. In this company profile you will find out more about who we are, what we do, what we sell, how we do it, where we are, the market segments we target, our support structure with our distributor and operator partners, our food specialists, our data collection and e-commerce capabilities, our green products, our merchandising services, our ability to source products from anywhere in the world as well as our highly skilled inside sales administrators and customer service teams. It’s a challenge every day to meet the growing demand within our industry but because of who we have become, how we have evolved, and what we have learned we believe that we can be the link or the “nexus” to bridge the gap in any opportunity.
Nexus started out, in 1985, as a small family-owned Manufacturer’s Representative Agency in Northern California and today we are proud to say that we have grown and expanded into 11 Western states. We specialize in promoting and marketing foodservice and janitorial disposables as well as chemicals and a variety of equipment into the distribution community. We have found that in order to be successful we have to be actively engaged with not only our partner distributors but with the largest key operators in all of our regions. This strategy has helped us find new sales growth year after year for our client manufacturers. Our valued operator and distributor customers are the key channels to entry into any given marketplace. As a result Nexus provides our customers with a variety of sales tools
- Foodservice Packaging Disposables
- Foodservice Equipment
- Janitorial & Sanitary Maintenance Disposables
- Janitorial Chemicals & Cleaning Equipment
- Custom Embossed and Printed Products
- Proprietary Branded & Private Labeled Programs
- Industrial Safety Supplies
- Green Certified Compostable Products
- EXPERIENCE – Over 250 years of combined industry experience and training among our employees in 11 states.
- SALES STRATEGIES – In all of our regions we spend 50% of our time with distributors and 50% with large key operators.
- ADMINISTRATIVE EFFICIENCIES – Our Inside Sales Support staff alleviates administrative workload that allows our Account Executives to dedicate more of their time to their customers in the marketplace.
- TECHNOLOGY – Our unique CRM and cloud-based enterprise technologies give us the capability to digitally promote new products to customers through email, online newsletters and social media campaigns.
- RELATIONSHIPS – Our sales executives maintain hundreds of customer relationships that give us quick entry into markets for our partner factories.
- Restaurant Chains
- Grocery Deli
- Food Processors
- Education (K-12)
- Government & Military Segments
- Correctional Facilities
- Sports Venues
- Movie Theatres
- Contract Feeder Applications
- Colleges & Universities
- Wholesale Cash & Carry
- Retail Segments
- Janitorial Cleaning Services
- Maintenance Contractors
- Amusement Parks